[CLUE-Tech] Mail question

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Tue Feb 25 16:30:49 MST 2003

On 02-25 15:15, Kirk Rafferty wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:04:10AM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> > I have a mail question. Every once in a blue moon, I get a file in my ~/Mail
> > directory. It's called EXITCODE==XX, in the most recent case, it's
> > EXITCODE==70. It's full of mail messages. Has anyone else seen this happen?
>
> I think you might have a typo in a procmail script.  Look for something
> in your .procmailrc or include files that looks like "{ EXITCODE==67 }" or
> somesuch.  Except that you're supposed to only have one equal (=) instead of
> two (==).  I'm guessing that it doesn't know how to handle two equal signs,
> and thinks it's suppose to go to a file called that.  Just remove one of
> the "=" signs, and it should work correctly.
>
> I'm not a procmail guru, so I could be wrong, but I think I've done this
> to myself before. :)

Actually, my original message should have said "EXITCODE==76".

I do have this in my .procmailrc:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail/

:0fw
| spamc

:0e
EXITCODE==$?

...and then a bunch of recipes after that.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Some scholars are like donkeys, they merely carry a lot of books.
-Folk saying