[CLUE-Tech] please rescue me from poor planning

David Guntner davidg at akaMail.com
Fri Jan 10 20:25:21 MST 2003

Friedman, Jason said:

> I _know_ for example, that I'll continue to Gnome and never use KDE
> (nothing against KDE, I just wanted to choose one and move on).  I'd
> like to remove all, or most of, the KDE packages.  How can I identify
> them for my "rpm -e" command?  Are there any other largish package
> groups that I likely will never use?

To see all packages in a given suite, I use:

rpm -q -a | egrep -i kde

(Where "kde" would be replaced by the package(s) that I'm looking for, but
since I know you're looking for KDE packages, I used that in my example.)

HTH.

              --Dave

--
      David Guntner      GEnie: Just say NO!