[CLUE-Tech] xquestion

mikeegee at postey.com mikeegee at postey.com
Sun Jan 12 10:49:17 MST 2003

Hello.  I am somewhat new to Linux, having dabbled in it a little
before, so perhaps someone can provide me with a little assistance.
I recently installed SuSE 8.1 on my Compaq Armada M700 laptop.

The installation went well, and I am able to boot into the graphical
interface, however there is a half inch white band extending across
my screen about one inch from the top.  Also, the pointer needs to be
around 1.5 inches below anything I want to click on.

I booted into safe mode and toyed around with the XG86Config file,
and am able to boot safe, login, then xinit with no problem.  The
screen works perfectly and displays at 1024x768.

How can I get the regular boot to work properly?  Can I use the same
XF86Config file I am using in safe mode?  How would I go about this?

Thanks a ton.

- Michael