[CLUE-Tech] Alphas: One last thing re: video cards.

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Jan 20 18:13:30 MST 2003

Hey everyone. Put FreeBSD on my alpha, want to change the video card (X
runs well... well, slowly) but the 256 color madness is too much.  I need
16 bit, at least.   I put in a 4 MB PCI SIS card, and I get "Machine Check
While in PAL mode" and X crashes (xf86cfg) while trying to configure.

Do I need to put it in a special slot? Get a special card? I'm doing some
research on it, but can't find much at the moment.

adamb at glaven.org
[ www.glaven.org ]