[CLUE-Tech] Ghostscript issues..

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue Jan 21 18:47:03 MST 2003

Excellent questions, and alas, I've solved the issue. But:

1.  I tried both the Alladin and the Gnu versions.
2.  I tried 8.0, 7.05, 7.03, and I think one more.
3.  I made sure to have the correct fonts installed.

None of them would work.  A specific template file (ps) would cause
problems, but not other pdfs using the very same font.

The reason I used ps files to pdf is this: I didn't create the system.
The system pre-dated me, and the reason that it was pstemplate -> c++
program to substitute items -> ps2pdf -> etc was because the system admin,
putting together apache from RPMs, couldn't get it to work using PHPs pdf
creating ability. And now it's too late to fix that. Funny.  So, they
spent hours and hours creating the cockamamie system that has so many
points of failure, it's not funny. Oh, and another one: Gifs are created
and incorporated into the .ps file.

So.  The issue became a non-issue when I figured 'well, if the old version
worked on the other server I'll try it on this one'.  So, I compiled ,
installed, and copied fonts over, and whoo! It works.  At this point, I'm
glad to not be getting any more calls, so for the time being, I'll leave
it at that.   This is one of the many items I've been cleaning up over the
past year, and I'm glad to have this done, too.

thanks for the info, but I don't know when I'll feel up to tacking this
one again...

adamb at glaven.org
[ www.glaven.org ]