[CLUE-Tech] Odd question

rknech at pcisys.net rknech at pcisys.net
Thu Jan 23 14:31:28 MST 2003

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:30:47 -0700 (MST)
> "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:
>

> However, it should be possible to do something with your soundcard. The
> gross thing would be to get one of those suction cup "phone tap"
> microphones, and plug it into your soundcard's mic input, then use grecord
> or something like that to record.

Actually go to the Westminster Mall there is a shop there called "Upper Edge
Securty"  They sell a unit that connects between the handset and the phone code
using the standard modular jacks. It has a small plug on another end that
conencts to a MIC jack on a tape recorder or into a MIC in jack on a sound card.
 I picked up one of these and they work GREAT!

Also if you plan on recording like phone interviews just make sure tha BOT
Hparties agree to having the conversation recorded. It's the law or else you
could get wacked under the wiretapping laws.

HTH
Richard Knechtel