[CLUE-Tech] Odd question

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Jan 23 14:43:23 MST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 rknech at pcisys.net wrote:

> Actually go to the Westminster Mall there is a shop there called "Upper Edge
> Securty"  They sell a unit that connects between the handset and the phone code
> using the standard modular jacks. It has a small plug on another end that
> conencts to a MIC jack on a tape recorder or into a MIC in jack on a sound card.
>  I picked up one of these and they work GREAT!

Thanks. I'll look into that.

> Also if you plan on recording like phone interviews just make sure tha BOT
> Hparties agree to having the conversation recorded. It's the law or else you
> could get wacked under the wiretapping laws.

Actually, Colorado only requires one party to know that you are
recording a conversation, last time I checked. Most of those laws are
aimed at law enforcement rather than private parties. However, it's not
ethical to tape an interview without letting the other party know that
they're being taped and I try to abide by the ethics of journalism
whenever possible rather than the lower standard of the letter of the
law.

Thanks,

Zonker
--