[CLUE-Tech] CD burning

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Wed Jan 29 10:49:05 MST 2003

I burned a CD for a friend, but he said all the filenames were cut off. I
think to get filenames beyond 8.3, one uses Rockridge extensions? It sounds
like that's what happened here, although I haven't been able to see the
results myself. I could have sworn I mounted the CD and looked at it myself
and thought it looked fine..I mounted it under RH 7.3, though, and he's
looking at it under some variant of Windows. I don't think that should make
any difference, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I just wrote the CD like this:

mkisofs <some options> | cdrecord <some options>

Is there a recommended set of options folks use for mkisofs? And do you
usually create the ISO and then mount it (I've never done this and don't
know how) before you burn it?

TIA,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
You may have heard that a dean is to faculty as a hydrant is to a dog.
-Alfred Kahn