[CLUE-Tech] Cannot complete java installation

Vern Bradley Southern vbsouthern at access4less.net
Thu Jan 30 10:08:23 MST 2003

Problem Solved, Yeah...

First, Thanks to all for your help.

I was able to add netscape to the path using export instead of setenv.
The command lind syntax was export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/local/netscape:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

While using a Terminal command line I never could get regxpcom to work.
I had the same problem trying to use a Terminal command line to make a
link to the java plugin. I can't seem to grasp the unix syntax needed to
do these things.

I did finally discovered that while using the RedHat 8.0 GUI and being
logged-in as root I could right click on the plugin
/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_01/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so and a drop
down menu appered. One of the options was (Make link) I clicked on the
option and a link was created in that same directory. I right clicked
the newly made link and selected (Cut file) and then moved to
/usr/local/netscape/plugins and right clicked on an empty area in the
screen and selected (Paste file). When I opened netscape and typed
about:plugins in the address field I found the java plugins.

I would like to thank you all again. Without your help I would have
never been able to learn enough from web sites to install this.

vbsouthern at access4less.net