[CLUE-Tech] apache redirect to another directory on same server.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Jul 2 09:40:23 MDT 2003

Jeffery Cann wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 08:19 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
>
>>Why?  Obviously you don't want Apache serving out of /.  You want it
>>serving out of /webapp which is what the doc root is for.
>

> Because when I tried to do this:
>
>  + DocumentRoot /var/tomcat4/webapps/webapp/

Well, if you tell tomcat you want /webapp then I would think your
DocRoot should be /var/tomcat4/webapps/.  Seems like your problem is
just getting Apache and Tomcat to map everything the same way.  It ought
to be easy to figure out but the Tomcat site is pretty light on docs
that make it clear.  Though, IIRC, it took some trial and error last
time I set up Tomcat.

Sorry I'm not more help.