[CLUE-Tech] Sorta Cheap Mandrake CDs

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Jul 15 16:40:17 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 15:06, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> Noticed yesterday an issue of Linux Format on the shelf at "Borders, Books
> ..." which include Mandrake 9.1 "Download Edition". Looked to be 3 CDs.
> $13.95. Not bad, I say, for folks without a broadband connection. Linux
> Format is a pretty good mag, too.

FYI - I've been doing a series on the GIMP for them for a number of
months now.  The series is set to go for at least 11 issues.  Mostly
tutorial, in the style of Computer Arts magazine (put out by the same
publisher - Future Publishing).  The magazine turned out to be rather
good - it has a pretty decent discussion on the future of X this month
(which may not be available in the US till next month), although their
diagram misrepresented the details of the GTK+/X11 interface.  Anyway,
the rest of the articles are pretty decent.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com