[CLUE-Tech] Sorta Cheap Mandrake CDs

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jul 15 16:48:05 MDT 2003

On 15 Jul 2003 17:40:17 -0500
"Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 15:06, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > Noticed yesterday an issue of Linux Format on the shelf at "Borders,
> > Books..." which include Mandrake 9.1 "Download Edition". Looked to be
> > 3 CDs.$13.95. Not bad, I say, for folks without a broadband
> > connection. Linux Format is a pretty good mag, too.
>
> FYI - I've been doing a series on the GIMP for them for a number of
> months now.  The series is set to go for at least 11 issues.

Well now, yet-another-GIMP-aficianado in the group. You're probably more
adept at it than I. Any cool "tricks" you'd care to suggest for my
upcoming KISS session -- "Stupid Gimp Tricks" (moved to September now)?

BTW, I admit I haven't actually brought an issue of Linux Format home yet.
I've read them a bit in the store. I mean, I'd have to have Match
translate for me. ;-) And, they are a bit on the steep side, pricewise.

jed