[CLUE-Tech] Win98 Install After Linux

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 18:15:50 MDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:18:23 -0600
"Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> wrote:

> Well, I got Win98 installed, after several crashes, one spontaneous
> video driver vanishing, and about 47 reboots.  Do you think Windows
> knows that I have used Linux, and holds it against me?  Everyone
> *can't* be having this much trouble.  I mean, people pay money for
> this stuff!
>
> Anyway, I was quite surprised that Win98 did not complain about not
> being on partition #1.  I forgot about that, it was not even bootable,
> it was just on plain primary partition number 4, but actually worked.

Congratulations (or sympathy) are in order!  Trust me, Win98 is too dumb
to recognize anything except the fact that you have some unknown
partition types which it won't even bother with.  I think I got by with
only 24 reboots last time, and that included backing out to Linux to
shrink the size of the Windows partition I had allocated (strayed over
the upper limit!).

Ah well, at least my family loves it.  Plus the digital camera and
scanner software is light years ahead of linux for the average user.  No
flames, please.   I do know that you can do most of the same stuff with
linux, but the linux software is not especially untrained-user friendly.

And then there's that greeting card maker program that my wife loves.
I've found no linux equivalent for that.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the