[CLUE-Tech] Win98 Install After Linux

Angelo Bertolli angelo at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jul 15 20:23:24 MDT 2003

> Well, I got Win98 installed, after several crashes, one spontaneous video
> driver vanishing, and about 47 reboots.  Do you think Windows knows that
> I have used Linux, and holds it against me?  Everyone *can't* be having
> this much trouble.  I mean, people pay money for this stuff!

Nah, that's just the way Windows runs.  Some people say they never have
trouble with Windows, some people have trouble all the time.  The sad
thing is that you went to Windows so your hardware would work BETTER (be
able to use hardware)--you'd think with all the specs and support
Microsoft has been given, they could come up with a system that works.
(But then again they can't even write programs that run properly on
their own operating systems.)

> Anyway, I was quite surprised that Win98 did not complain about not
> being on partition #1.  I forgot about that, it was not even bootable,
> it was just on plain primary partition number 4, but actually worked.

I think it's mostly MS-DOS that needs to be on the first partition
(maybe 95 too).