[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Jeremiah Stanley lists at miah.org
Sat Jul 19 11:57:20 MDT 2003

> I guess truth is in the experience of the Linux user.  I abandoned RH9
> because I couldn't figure out how to get the dialer to work without
> entering the root password.

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 you need to add the line
"USRCTL=true" to the file and now users can use the /sbin/ifup and
/sbin/ifdown scripts to control their network devices, including modems.

It's all pretty easy once you read the documentation for the initscripts
package.

/usr/share/doc/initscripts-7.14/sysconfig.txt

I hate to say RTFM...

--
JStanley <miah at miah.org>
http://www.slavewage.com/