[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 20 07:35:34 MDT 2003

Hey, I'm a point and click guy.  If an OS needs a manual just to do
simple things, it isn't very good and Joe Public won't use it.  People
like computer systems that are simple for an end user.  Just reading
your explanation of how to fix the problem gives me a headache and is a
good example of why most of the public chooses not to use Linux.  It's
almost a joke that RH would make a system where people would actually
have to add lines of code to just get it to do something simple.
 Presumably the phrase "USRCTL=true" means that it's true that a user
has control of his system. GAL - users always want to be in control of
their system. This has been the problem with computers from the
beginning. Many computer programs make the user dance, yet the computer
program is unable to dance for the user.

The lesson here is that if some company like RedHat would like to see
more people use their software, they will have to create software that
people find easy to use. Average people will never find the CLI to be
attractive or enjoyable.   FTFM, MTFBWY, TANSTAAFL, because WYSIWYG.