[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 19:12:26 MDT 2003

On 21 Jul 2003 16:49:09 -0600
Jeremiah Stanley <lists at miah.org> wrote:

> Hardware support will bite you on Windows as well. I just sold a
> wireless PCI card on eBay that the drivers that the vendor had for
> download had a known bug that would corrupt the registry after 10
> reboots. That's great support for a supported operating system.

Just put up a new WinXP machine (good, cheap product from my local
computer store) for the family.  The WinXP communications wizard sorted
out my home lan connection and enabled file and printer sharing almost
automagically, but failed miserably to enable a readable screen for my
Princeton E017 monitor (not exactly cutting edge).  I had to use an
even older ViewSonic 17EA to get a usable system.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the