[CLUE-Tech] Stops crashing

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Tue Jul 22 08:11:50 MDT 2003

On Monday, 21 July 2003 at 20:34:29 -0600, Stephen Lehr
<slehr at hypermall.net> wrote:
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

> > I avoid updating between versions like the plague, and prefer to do
> > fresh installs. This goes for RH, SuSE, Mandrake, Slackware, et al.
> >
> This is the first time I've upgraded, as opposed to a fresh install.  If
> Linux is to be considered industrial, that ought to work.

Well, you might find many who disagree with that.  I'll
contend that many (if not most) IT shops don't do OS upgrades.
They keep up with patches, but don't do wholesale OS
upgrades, especially on servers.

And, problematic upgrades certainly are not limited to
Linux.  I've yet to do a Windoze upgrade that didn't get
hozed.  Hence, I refuse to upgrade *any* OS.  Just wipe it and
install from fresh.
--

Allons Rouler!

Randy