[CLUE-Tech] Stops crashing

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Jul 22 05:20:35 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 20:34, Stephen Lehr wrote:
*snip*

> I looked at assorted logs in /var/logs but admit I'm not sure I looked
> in XFree86.1.log, which might be the one you mean.  Since I had to
> reboot, would that show anything?

The logs should still be there.

> This is the first time I've upgraded, as opposed to a fresh install.  If
> Linux is to be considered industrial, that ought to work.

Frankly, I've never trusted upgrades vs. fresh installs of ANY OS. There
are too many variables to deal with when trying to upgrade a system that
has been in use for a year or two. I doubt you'll find many sys admins
that upgrade production systems as opposed to doing fresh installs.

Also... if you had been using Linux to run a website instead of as a
desktop system, you probably wouldn't be hitting these problems. I
suspect that a lot of your problems have to do with GTK/GNOME stuff in
the background, since you're saying the issues were with Mozilla and
Evolution.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier