[CLUE-Tech] Stops crashing

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Jul 21 21:06:05 MDT 2003

Stephen Lehr wrote:
[...]
> I could see the window I had open but could not get a console in order
> to go about killing processes.

Did you try Ctl+Alt+F1?  If that didn't work it was hung good, but if it
did then Ctl+Alt+Backspace might kill X for you rather than rebooting.

[...]
> This is the first time I've upgraded, as opposed to a fresh install.  If
> Linux is to be considered industrial, that ought to work.

You're right, but I wouldn't trust Windows to upgrade rather than a
fresh install.  Maybe other *nix are better.  Much easier to do a fresh
install in Linux though, thanks to multiple partitions (which you can
get now on Windows, if you bother to).