[CLUE-Tech] web user ratios?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Jul 22 22:03:20 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 21:33, Jeffery Cann wrote:

*snip*

> So, the questions: What ratio of total users to concurrent users is a
> reasonable estimate? Is there a standard ratio folks use for web
> applications? What is a good way to measure our ratio, since it's possible
> that this ratio is completely application dependant?

This really depends on what your Web application does. I doubt that
there's any kind of standard ratio, because there are a lot of factors
to take into account. Peak times, the type of application, the type of
audience you have, and so forth... It would probably help to know more
about the specifics.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier