[CLUE-Tech] GPL loopholes [OT]

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 17:49:22 MDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:45:03 -0400
greg at knaddison.com wrote:

> Please no!  (I recently stumbled on CLUE-* lists and am very happily
> subscribed, but I also made the mistake of subscribing to
> clue-talk...I couldn't unsubscribe fast enough).
>
> Other lists I have been on have a benevolent dictator who will kill
> certain subject strings if replies run off-topic.  That works well to
> keep down OT posts and topic reminders (or worse followup to topic
> reminders like this one).  Any chance of such a person forming or
> rising in CLUE or do we just have to resort to getting mad at people
> who post OT messages?
>
> I'm really enjoying reading the useful information, but the
> signal:noise ratio is getting weak.

I must be blind, because I don't really see this as a major problem.
Clue-tech is such a low volume list; I don't have a problem applying the
bix X to anything that is OT, if I'm not interested.  Some of the OT
topics are technical in nature as well as interesting.   It all depends
on how benevolent (as opposed to rigid) the dictator is.

Just my $.02.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the