[CLUE-Tech] [OT] What are my broadband options?

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Wed Jul 30 16:06:01 MDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:25:30 -0600
"Casagrande, Steve" <Steve.Casagrande at echostar.com> wrote:

> I'm in the process of buying a house, and trying to figure out in advance
> what kind of broadband access I might be able to get.
> The house is in Castle Pines North, between Castle Rock and south Denver
> (I25 exit 188 - forgive this ex-NJ resident).

I did not buy a house there last year just because there seemed to be nothing
coming into the area for high-speed connectivity.  I think your best
and only hope will be Comcast digital unless it's changed a lot.  Just
south of there some customers have MHO but not Comcast or Qwest yet.  Just
north of there, Comcast is quickly spreading, and it's very good: I get
at least 1 Mbps and sometimes over 3 Mbps (download) in speed tests.

Anyway check www.mho.com and see if their transmitters on the north
side of Castle Rock reach all the way to Castle Pines North.

I'm moving just south of there, to The Meadows, and I'm hoping to
find the bandwidth I need.  Good luck to us both, I guess.

---
Roger Frank