[CLUE-Tech] testing famd?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Thu Jun 5 15:45:12 MDT 2003

Greetings.

On rhat 9.0, I am trying to build the courier-imap RPMs from a source tarball.
According to most accounts, this is a simple process.  Courier-imap uses the
file alteration monitor (famd) to track changes to maildirs.  So, during the
build, there are sanity checks which require famd to be working.  These
checks fail:

	ERR: Error: Input/output error
	ERR: Check for proper operation and configuration
	ERR: of the File Access Monitor daemon (famd).

Here is my problem - I don't know how to test famd (man fam was not detailed)
to ensure that it is not my problem.

Any ideas?
--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."