[CLUE-Tech] RE: brew your own distro...

Collins Richey erichey2 at attbi.com
Tue Jun 10 20:46:11 MDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:07:19 -0700 (PDT)
Art Reisman <astormchaser2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ThanksI'll check into Morphix. I loaded Knoppix and
> thought it cool. The instructions for customizing the
> kernel are trial and error, which wouldn't be so bad
> except it seems like it takes a day to try one thing
> and make one error.

YMMV.

Morphix got a little too smart for themselves.  They go to the trouble
of enabling Nvidia drivers without considering the fact that these won't
run with AGP enabled on certain VIA chipsets (my case), so I can't even
boot Morphix, whereas Knoppix runs just fine.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the