[CLUE-Tech] Linux friendly DSL ISPs (was: Debian sid & xfree86 4.2.1-7)

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Tue Jun 10 06:47:34 MDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 07:17:05AM -0600, Dale K. Hawkins wrote:
> These are the ISPs I have looked at, does anyone have any practical
> experience with any of them:
>
> * Fairplay Communications (http://www.fpcc.com/)
>
>   These guys seem to be very Linux friendly and be far my first
>   choice.  However, I have some reservations.  First, I do not see
>   them listed as providers with Qwest any more.

We don't deal directly with QWest anymore.  They're a pain to deal with,
they're costly for a small ISP, and there was really no benefit except
being able to display their logo.  We now out-source DSL connectivity
through NeTrack in Boulder.  If you've ever dealt with NeTrack, you know
they're a very capable and geek-friendly provider.  They even have a
"Nemeth" on staff. :)

As a customer, the difference is that your "ISP" will show up as NeTrack
on the connection schedule.  Everything else is the same.

> Second, I cannot find
>   any support phone numbers listed on their website.  I talked to Kirk
>   on this email list some number of months ago.  Are you still around
>   Kirk?

Still around, just mostly lurking these days.

Phone numbers are displayed at

http://www.fpcc.net/support/

which is a link off the main page. :)

Best regards,