[CLUE-Tech] Win4Lin vs. VMWare vs. CrossOver Office

Russell Glissmann rglissmann at rfgsolutions.com
Tue Jun 10 13:42:13 MDT 2003

Well, although VMWare is somewhat pricey, it does work flawlessly.  My
only problem occured when I upgraded to a different RH kernel that
appeared to be compiled differently and caused problems, but using the
stock kernel causes no problems.
I've loaded Win NT 4, NT 2000, and XP, all without the OS being the
wiser.  The beauty is when you have enough RAM, you can run many of the
VMs at the same time.  If you do any kind of support, having the
multiple OSs can be really handy.  Since VMWare emulates the BIOS, the
OS itself can't tell that it isn't running on a separate machine, so
everything works.  Supposedly the latest version is even better, but I
haven't wanted to cough up the cash to upgrade, yet.

Russ

Russell Glissmann <rglissmann at rfgsolutions.com>