[CLUE-Tech] Win4Lin vs. VMWare vs. CrossOver Office

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Tue Jun 10 14:08:33 MDT 2003

On Russell's note, VMware 4.0 is RPM'ed and tgz'ed on the
CD if you purchase it.  I have W2k Pro running under it, need
to get back into Denver to test out some applications on it.
Aside from being a newbie with VMware and having to RTFM some
as well as consult a few non-newbies on it, seems to be doing
pretty good with just the base OS, and low resource settings
(just using 1GB of virtual space for it to see what it can do
at the moment, no network settings outside the local machine).

I did do an RHN upgrade of the kernel (2.4.20-13.9 I think it is
now) last Friday, nothing apparent just yet on issues.

FWIW.

--- Crawford