[CLUE-Tech] Linksys wireless card

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed Jun 11 07:33:27 MDT 2003

<snip>

> Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?  Or does anyone
> wish to hear continued progress reports?

I'd be fairly pleased to see if you get the linksys to work.  I tried a
linksys and a netgear (both to no avail - there was NO support for them at
the time) and I decided on an Orinoco Gold (more than worth the extra
money, I might add). More interestingly, does the linksys have support for
being put into promiscuous mode?  I haven't checked in a few months, but
last time I checked my Orinoco didn't support being put into prom. mode
without a firmware 'downgrade'.  That doesn't please me, since usually
each successive firmware *upgrade* brings *good* things.   If the linksys
will go into prom. mode, I'd go buy one just for that.

Adam