[CLUE-Tech] Linksys wireless card

bof bof at pcisys.net
Wed Jun 11 08:32:35 MDT 2003

Dale K. Hawkins wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?  Or does anyone wish to hear continued progress reports?

Match Grunn did a KISS session on setting up a Wireless LAN last
November (http://clue.denver.co.us/wlan-talk/wlan.html) although his
PCMCIA card used a different chipset, from his talk's overview:

    Tonight I will cover setting up wireless networking for Linux. For
    this exercise I will be setting up the network using a LinkSys
    Access Point and LinkSys PCMCIA wireless network card in a laptop.

    The LinkSys PCMCIA card uses the Intersil Prism chipset. This is the
    most popular chipset that is used in 802.11b networks, so the steps
    covered here should apply to most cards with this chipset.

Would this be of any help?

BOF