[CLUE-Tech] Poor Man's Ghost /system repair

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 14 06:08:05 MDT 2003

That's nice, but not the least bit useful.  The root systems are already
broken on the machines I want to "repair."  Mandrake completely breaks
down and refuses to boot if a secondary removable drive is missing from
the  hardware configuration.  Libranet 1.9.1 was the most malleable
Linux I have ever used.  It didn't have that type of problem at all.  If
it wasn't there, it wasn't there, it didn't hang the system.  I just
want to go in and edit the "fstab" with some "#,s" to  prevent Mandrake
from looking for the missing drive.  While Linux on the whole is rather
cool, there are some things about it that are annoying as hell.  The old
Macs (system 7.5) were the easiest to service, because you can boot them
with an externally connected HD with the OS installed on it.  It makes
if very easy to fix things or replace the entire "system" file if needed.