[CLUE-Tech] RedHat & Postfix

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Jun 16 08:05:52 MDT 2003

Hello, Folks--

I am getting ready to move my Web site to ... hmm, I guess the best way
to describe it is a "virtual colocated server." At any rate, I have root
access to a Red Hat 8.0 system. It comes with Sendmail installed, but I
think I want to replace it with Postfix, mainly for security reasons.
Besides the fact that Postfix is reputed to be highly secure by design,
the simplicity of its configuration files means that I'm a lot less
likely to introduce vulnerabilities through some dumb mistake.

So anyway, I have a simple question about this: is RedHat currently
"supporting" Postfix? In other words, if I install Postfix from an RPM,
can I be reasonably sure that timely updates will be available for
whatever security holes are discovered?

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.