[CLUE-Tech] Poor Man's Ghost

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Tue Jun 17 07:39:53 MDT 2003

Joe Linux <joelinux at earthlink.net> writes:

> Do you know who to use the Knoppix CD to manage your existing "root"
> file system.  I would like to do this with a graphical file manager,
> but I can't seem to get it to work.  I have tried <ALT>+<F2> and

Well, based on my most resent experiences with doing this very thing,
I am pretty sure the problems lie in the mount options in /etc/fstab.
just change /etc/fstab to be "defaults" for your old root partition
before you mount it.  I ran into some problems with the nodev that
drove me nuts until I actually _looked_ at the mount options.  That
was a couple minutes filled with very colorful language!

-Dale