[CLUE-Tech] Which RedHat SMP Version

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Thu Jun 19 12:16:19 MDT 2003

> Or he might be left with a number of question marks. I'm all for
> compiling a kernel from scratch, when someone has gotten to that level
> of proficiency. It requires quite a bit of troubleshooting knowledge to
> recover if you make an error installing a new kernel, and might be
> fairly frustrating to folks who are just getting acclimated to Linux.

Very true. But the way I learned was to sit down one day in front of my
machine and just read the help sections.  I botched  my first few kernels,
but after that, smooth sailing.  Perhaps I enjoy learning the hard way,
but ever since compiling my kernel on my p100, I haven't gone back.  It's
definately kind of intimidating at first, but as long as you do things
right, you can find where your problems are, boot into your old kernel,
and fix it.

Adam