[CLUE-Tech] Gateway 400SP notebook/ 2.5.72 kernel

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Tue Jun 24 20:28:29 MDT 2003

> Dan Harris <coronadh at coronasolutions.com> writes:
> FWIW, I now have a fully functional laptop including i830 video
> drivers (on the 2.4.20 kernel), linksys wireless 802.11b, and sound.
Woohoo..
The answer to my X problem was that I needed to get the latest i830
drivers from Intel's support site.  Works beautifully except the maximum
resolution seems to be 1024x768.
>                                 ^^^^^^^^

That's native resolution for Gateway's XGA 15" screens. to get any better
you have to go to the 450X or XL, and that's SXGA+ at 1400*1050 for 15"
which is a bit small in my opinion.

what i wanna see is someone load linux on a tablet PC.

- Evan Widger

(i guess this is me introducing myself, i'll be living in the denver area
starting july 3rd, thought i'd get a heads up on the linux scene out there,
and i (until today) worked at a gateway store out here in Grand Rapids, MI)