[CLUE-Tech] Which IMAP server?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Wed Jun 25 19:26:17 MDT 2003

Hi,

I am preparing to set up mail service on my new server, and I'm
wondering if anyone has a favorite IMAP server, and why.

There are going to be only a few users--myself, my wife, and up to half
a dozen other family members--a pretty light-duty system. So I would say
that security and ease of administration are important, performance is
probably not an issue, and features ... well, I won't be doing anything
terribly fancy, though I may want to set up a Web mail interface. I
don't know if interoperability with Windows clients (the usual suspects:
Lookout & friends) is ever a big issue for IMAP servers, but to the
extent that it is, I'd like something that is less likely to have that
kind of problem.

I eagerly await your suggestions.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through