[CLUE-Tech] Gateway 400SP notebook/ 2.5.72 kernel

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Jun 26 07:33:08 MDT 2003

"Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> writes:

> I have hte WPC11 card, but mine is version 3.  I just bought it like two
> weeks ago.  Did the version 4 change chipsets?  I used the linux-wlan-ng
> package to get it working.  It was something of a PITA.  I can't

AFAIK, the chipset did change.  I tried the realtek 8139 driver, but
so far without much luck.  I think it is just a matter of making up my
mind to get it done.  So far I have not committed the time.  When I
heard that you had gotten a similar card working, I thought I'd ask.
I found similar info about the version 3 card on the web.

Thanks for the info though.  I think I will throw a version 2.5 kernel
at the thing later.  The poor laptop is kind of old so the kernel
compile is not going to be fun.

-Dale