[CLUE-Tech] Probably, I'm an idiot, but...

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sun Mar 2 15:29:11 MST 2003

On Sunday 02 March 2003 03:14 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> # rpm -qa | grep qt
> qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17
> qt-3.0.5-17
>
> That's my box (fresh RH 8.0) I think that libqt != gt. IOW, your package
> is checking for qt, not lib-qt.

Jed,

Thanks for the reply -- it makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is that the
MDK 9.0 distribution does not come with a qt-3.x.x.-mdk package.  So, it
seems stupid (to me) that the mandrake Lyx packager would put in this
dependancy on qt-3.x.x, rather than on libqt-3.x.x.x.  The libqt package
obviously contains whatever Qt libs are needed by Qt applications since KDE
(and the new Lyx package) run fine without the qt-3.x.x.x package.

Jeff

--
    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/