Gentoo patches [was Re: [CLUE-Tech] Escape from RH 8.0]

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Sun Mar 2 21:59:43 MST 2003

> > Since you bring it up, suppose I have a patch that gentoo doesn't.  How
> > hard is it to get a patched version of the package installed?

Not to perpetuate the could-be war here, but Gentoo's portage system does
have a few bugs in it. I can't currently emerge cups, as it's busted.
There's a few other things that are broken, but man. I like it 	*so* much
better than debian. Whoo!  I have debian at work (and my gentoo
workstation replaced my debian workstation) and it's a lot better.   I
adore the portage system.  I run gentoo on my web/mail/db server ath ome,
and it's been wonderful.  It's nice.  I almost prefer it over slackware
(which is my all time fav so far).x