[CLUE-Tech] KDE/Gnome is crashing for no reason...

mgushee at havenrock.com mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri Mar 7 16:21:43 MST 2003

On 7 Mar 2003 at 14:36, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:35:16 -1000
> Joe Linux <joelinux at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure who you are sugessting try Fvwm.  I don't see the need for
> > myself as ICE doesn't crash, and my ICE is highly customised to my
> > personal tastes.

Uh ... how about, whoever is having crashes? No need to take
everything personally--this is a mailing list, after all.

> > Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Well, I figured if switching window managers was a possible solution for
> Matt, it would be a possible solution for you too.

Who says it's a possible solution for me? ;-)) Just in case anybody's
interested, I've tried just about every window manager there is, and
I don't much care for either IceWM or Fvwm. IceWM's look and feel is
too much like Windows (and no, that's not knee-jerk anti-MSism: I
started disliking the Windows GUI long before I started disliking
Microsoft). Fvwm is just ... I dunno, clunky. In any case, I doubt
the WM is at fault. Partly because I've tried several other window
managers on the evil machine, and I don't remember anything being
different. Partly because I use Window Maker, and while I'm sure it
has a bug or two, it's generally quite stable and fairly lightweight.
Partly because this machine also has some other hardware-related
quirks, such as APM being really flaky.

None of which is very important--just had to rant a little. Thanks
for listening.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO USA