[CLUE-Tech] Burning Knoppix ISO with XCDroast?

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Mar 9 23:14:21 MST 2003

Dave Price wrote:
[...]

> sudo or the 'wheel group' are very well worth setting up as they make
> you not need to type in a password everytime you want to run a
> priveleged command.  (and i know security guys are going to slam me for
> suggesting 'wheel' but i like it, and it works well here)

Sudo is nice.  What can root do that wheel can't?  If the answer is
'nothing' then it's a bad thing.  But I don't know all the details.

[...]

> And you gotta love tab completion - i catch myself hitting tab on MS
> boxes, and expecting it to work.

cmd.exe does file/dir completion if you start it the right way.  Use
/f:on for files and /d:on for dirs.  Then use ctrl-f and ctrl-d to do
the completion.  Why they bothered to copy bash in such a clumsy way is
beyond me.