[CLUE-Tech] I think I got an error - (ALSA Install)

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 13:50:36 MST 2003

Looks like bad news:

[root at Knoppix /]# gcc
-bash: gcc: command not found
[root at Knoppix /]# locate gcc
-bash: locate: command not found
[root at Knoppix /]# locate g++
-bash: locate: command not found
[root at Knoppix /]# locate cc
-bash: locate: command not found
[root at Knoppix /]#

I will install the Mandrake development packages.

While this is not a bitch, all this points up in my mind that it's going
to be hard to sell Linux to the larger public with problems like this.
The average person just wants to use a computer as a sort of passive
entertainment device.

I do appreciate the help though because without it, I would be
absolutely nowhere.