[CLUE-Tech] Buying a (cheap) laptop for Linux

Weaver, Michael Michael_Weaver at cable.comcast.com
Wed Mar 12 13:58:02 MST 2003

Thanks for the help. I bought the dell 5100 laptop since it did not have the
shared video memory and the video was a supported Radeon 7500. BTW the
Compaq 2500 turned out to have an ATI AGP 450 which was fairly concerning
since I had been warned away from anything newer than a 440 which is not
even fully supported. Hopefully the Dell will work and if so I will add it
to the list of supportable laptops. If not I guess I pay some shipping and
send it back. Thanks again.