[CLUE-Tech] spam from CLUE members??

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Mar 14 10:39:57 MST 2003

On 14 Mar 2003 10:18:28 -0700
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> > If this is not acceptable policy to CLUE, then I thought you all
> > should be aware that it's happening and help do something to prevent
> > it.  Spam boils my blood like few other things on this planet.
>
> I'll let Rick defend himself about the spam part, but I assure you that
> it's very much against CLUE policy. Rick's already been taken to task on
> the Admin list, and I think it was just bad decision-making on his part,
> not a deliberate attempt at spamming CLUEbies.

Not that I think this needs to be belabored, but adding people to an
"opt-out" list is a deliberate act. He also stated it was part of his
marketing. The only thing missing was the reference to the fictional
s.1618 Title III bill.

I'm sure he'll be getting an education, though.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl