[CLUE-Tech] spam from CLUE members??

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Mar 14 10:18:28 MST 2003

Hi Dan,

> If this is not acceptable policy to CLUE, then I thought you all should
> be aware that it's happening and help do something to prevent it.  Spam
> boils my blood like few other things on this planet.

I'll let Rick defend himself about the spam part, but I assure you that
it's very much against CLUE policy. Rick's already been taken to task on
the Admin list, and I think it was just bad decision-making on his part,
not a deliberate attempt at spamming CLUEbies.

CLUE does not allow access to the member list for advertising purposes,
I think that's even somewhere on the CLUE site, IIRC.

Spam tends to get us all pretty worked up, and I think the reaction from
several list members will discourage this sort of thing from happening
again in the near future.

Best,

Zonker
--