[CLUE-Tech] Spiffy new KDE Feature

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Mar 14 10:48:38 MST 2003

I just upgraded to KDE 3.1 last night/this morning and found an
extra-spiffy feature.

I've got one monitor that is excessively dark. The contrast and
brightness are cranked all the way up, and it's still hard to use... but
I hate to throw out a monitor that, technically, works.

Well, after installing KDE (and pretty much everything related to KDE on
SuSE website...) I found a "KGamma" control. If this was in previous
releases of KDE, I missed it. Well, long story short, this allows you to
boost the brightness of your monitor, tweak RGB and CYM settings and so
forth. So... Thanks to this wee tool, I probably will get another two
years of life out of this monitor. Apparently it adjusts an XFree
setting I was also previously unaware of...but this is just the kind of
thing that makes KDE extra-useable on the desktop.

Sweet.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier