[CLUE-Tech] spam from CLUE members??

mgushee at havenrock.com mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri Mar 14 11:23:17 MST 2003

On 14 Mar 2003 at 10:59, Rick Helmich wrote:

> I want to apologize to the group for the hurt feeling that my Real
> Estate E-Newsletter announcement has caused.  It was not my intention to
> spam the group, but to provide information about this market to people
> who have an interest in it.

Since I don't have access right now to prior messages in this thread
(for a real but uninteresting reason), this could be redundant. But
to the extent your announcements about whatever are appropriate, they
are appropriate for the CLUE-*Talk* list, not CLUE-Tech.

As for whether it's appropriate even there, well ... CLUE-Talk is
supposed to be an open forum for topics of interest to CLUE members.
And there are periodic disputes over whether certain kinds of
discussions should or should not be allowed, but in my experience
those disputes have always been related to political topics (more
specifically, right-wing members getting upset at left-wing rants
like some of mine ;-). The final word has always been that CLUE-Talk
is a free-speech zone. But you're talking about commercial, rather
than political speech. Should it be treated the same?

P.S. If there is any further discussion on this meta-topic, let's
move it to CLUE-Talk too.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO USA