[CLUE-Tech] Best distro for Linux firewall duties

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Mon Mar 17 09:56:37 MST 2003

I really like ClarkConnect and use it for myself as my pppoe
gateway/firewall. It's light (around 300mb I think) and worked "out of the
box" for me. It took me 20 minutes from the time I put the CD in until it
was configured and installed.

http://www.clarkconnect.org/

It's based on Redhat 7.2 or 7.3, depending which version you download. The
VPN comes with it if you purchase a copy, but if you use the free version
VPN is still possible, you just have to do it yourself without a fancy web
interface.

You can have it firewall LAN segments, DSL, or a cable modem.

You can manage iptables via a web interface which is nice if you haven't
read all the docs on iptables. These guys have really done some great
work.