[CLUE-Tech] Best distro for Linux firewall duties

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Mon Mar 17 09:32:28 MST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:27:55AM -0700, Russell Glissmann wrote:
> Hello;
> Since there has been such a discussion on various distros, can someone
> suggest one that is particularly suited for security duties.  By
> security I'm looking for firewall, VPN, NAT, and DHCP possibly.  I

I really like Bering:
http://leaf-project.org/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=904&page_id=21

It's designed to be a firewall, runs from a floppy.  All sorts of add-on
packages (adding too many will require HD or CD-Rom, or second floppy).
You should be able to get the above running on a floppy.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/