[CLUE-Tech] Seeking tabbed text editor

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Mar 20 21:49:41 MST 2003

On 20 Mar 2003 at 20:06, bof wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good text editor allowing tabbed editing of
> multiple files?

XEmacs has tabs, and depending on how you look at it, it's either a
great editor or a half-assed OS ;-)

I've also used JEdit and liked it a lot. When push comes to shove,
though, I prefer the minimalist approach of Vim ... partly because I
just like a minimum of fancy GUI tricks in my editor, partly because
I have some fairly old machines, and JEdit (being a Swing app) is
just barely responsive enough on the fastest of them (Pentium 2-400
with 192MB of RAM).

But since choice of editors is so subjective, you might get better
answers faster if you could be more specific about what you're
looking for.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO USA